Title for this position: WAS/ WebLogic Consultant
Location: North York
We are currently seeking an IBM WAS/OracleRAC WebLogic consultant who can lead a short project to assess and recommend what is required to establish and implement a delivery team that will be specialized in WAS and/or WebLogic system administration. This individual will be interacting with various stakeholders to understand what the requirements are (current and forecasting for future) and use them as inputs to develop their recommendation. This role will be customer facing for the elicitation of requirements, so strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
Previous hands-on experience with WAS and/or WebLogic as a system administrator no more than 5 years ago is a mandatory requirement for this position.
Having experience with offshore resource models is a nice to have.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit WAS/WebLogic administration requirements from various technical stakeholders
- Develop resource plan/model that will satisfy administration requirements
- Identify technical constraints and challenges in meeting the system administration requirements
- Identify detailed activities/job functions/tasks that will need to be performed to meet the system administration requirements
- Specify detailed skills and capabilities required to fulfill the recommendation
- Perform an options analysis are part of the recommendation
- Identify pre-requisites and/or dependencies for successful implementation
- Highlight potential risks associated with meeting the system administration requirements