|Reference # : ||13-06194
||Title : ||BI/DW Project Manager|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||6 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||10/21/2013 / 11/29/2013
| Description |
|Title for this position: BI/DW Project Manager|
Location: downtown Toronto
Permanent Full time position
Individuals must have reported to a sponsor group consisting of SVP's and/or members of an Executive Team in multiple business areas.
Our client is engaged in a multi-year initiative to replace our core insurance applications with best in class package solutions and custom developed applications to address specific business needs. The integration of these solutions is guided by a well-established Enterprise Architecture that leverages leading models, methods and patterns.
Our multi-faceted integrated systems environment is comprised of Java-based web applications, legacy mainframe systems, end-user client computing, and a business intelligence environment. The web applications run in a WebSphere/Oracle environment on our AIX platform and are developed in Java following J2EE standards. We use technology products such as PL/SQL and DataStage for ETL purposes and products such as Cognos and WebFOCUS for reporting purposes. The legacy systems run in a CICS/COBOL environment on our z/OS mainframe.
As a Project Manager, you have first-hand experience leading large-scale business information projects that focus on integration, data management, reporting and analytics. You will manage projects as part of a larger initiative to develop a robust information management environment for our business partners.
You are responsible for the planning, budgeting, resource allocation, design, development, and delivery of projects. You collaborate with business leaders, executives, peer project managers, SMEs, and Information Technology and business users on full life cycle engagements. The projects you manage will implement solutions that leverage Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence products. The teams you lead will create and reengineer the solutions for Operational Data Stores, data warehouse, data marts, scheduled/batch reporting database, operational measurement and predictive modeling.
- Manages one or more complex projects to deliver the agreed functionality within the specified timeframes and budget in accordance with the guidelines, standards and procedures defined by Information Services.
- Identifies the skills and abilities required to successfully complete the project, assigning staff to project tasks and managing their performance against those tasks throughout the project.
- Identifies opportunities, develops and implements mechanisms to improve the project management practice and development methodologies within Information Services at The Dominion.
- Identifies opportunities to ensure highest quality in all deliverables and continuous improvement in the delivery of applications or services.
- Develops and manages project budgets to ensure the effective and efficient use of company resources.
- Minimum - five years of information systems project leadership experience covering the major areas of infrastructure or application development and maintenance.
- Previous project management experience in Operational Reporting, Data Warehouse or Business Analytics projects managing large projects with senior stakeholders from multiple business departments.
- Project Management experience with a strong understanding of project management disciplines and practices.
- P&C experience would be an asset.
- Minimum - three year university degree in computer science. Certification in a recognized project management program.
- Demonstrated project management and project leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project budget and resources.
- Experienced in the use of project planning tools (Computer Associates Clarity and Open Workbench would be an asset).
- Experienced in all facets of project reporting.
- Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels and communicate effectively with clients, developers and end users.
- Ability to prioritize amongst a large number of requirements.
- Knowledge of Meta data and Meta data repository products.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence delivery (Cognos Suite a plus).
- Knowledge of and experience with sound development principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of OLAP reporting methods.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts, designs, and project implementations.
- Team building.
- Leadership/management judgment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.